Investing.com, the leading global financial news & data platform, is on the lookout for an enthusiastic NOC Engineer to join our team.
The Network Operation Center (NOC) has three main roles:
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- To provide support services for engineering and other internal global operation technical teams
- Be first responders for evolving issues in a production environment
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and maintain the investing.com Monitoring platforms
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on production systems and networks
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, backup, and other production network services)
- Build and install servers and network equipment, application upgrades
- Maintaining hardware serial audits, writing custom monitoring plugins and configuring bespoke graphing
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Cloud and remote DCs)
- Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing ethernet, fiber and console cabling, remote power, and KVM)
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Cloud and legacy architecture and platforms
- Tier 3 Support for co-location, customer backup network, and ISP services
- Participate in a 24×7 call-out rota
- Fully remote
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years experience as NOC operator/ Help-desk technician / technical-support
- Good understanding and experience with managing incidents and supporting systems
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis capabilities
- High sense of responsibility and urgency
- Ability to work under pressure, in stressful situations, in a 24×7 production environment
- Excellent English – verbal and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work a minimum of 2-3 varying shifts per week
- Passion, dedication, and desire to be the best and with motivation to grow
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby etc.)
- Experience with Virtual machines – VMware, Zend etc.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes – advantage
Who we are:
Investing.com was founded in 2007 and now has over 350 employees across offices in Tel Aviv, Madrid, Shenzhen, and Seoul. With 60 million monthly unique visitors, 4 billion page views, over 500 million sessions, and over 300,000 financial instruments covered, Investing.com is one of the top two global financial websites.
Investing.com offers unlimited access to cutting-edge financial market tools such as real-time quotes and charts, customized portfolios, personal live alerts, calendars, calculators, and financial insights, completely free of charge. In addition to the global stock markets, Investing.com also covers world indices, ETFs, commodities, bonds & interest rates, cryptocurrencies, futures, and options“. Investing.com strives to be a one-stop-shop for traders and investors with apps available.
What we offer:
- A chance to join one of the leading financial markets platforms worldwide
- Challenging assignments in a local and international environment
- Enjoy excellent benefits and a high-energy working environment
As with all investing.com positions – we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and meticulous, with a creative and resourceful mind, bright, proactive, works well independently and as part of a team.
Check out openings on our career website: https://www.investing-careers.com/