Investing.com is looking for an enthusiastic NOC engineer.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a winning team and grow your career.
The Network Operation Centre (NOC) have three main roles:
1. To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
2. To provision customer network services on core equipment
3. To provide support services for Engineering and other internal global operation technical teams
What you’ll be doing:
• Manage and maintain the investing.com Monitoring Systems
• Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on production systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution)
• Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, backup and other production network services)
• Server build and installs, application upgrades, network equipment build and installation. Maintaining hardware serial audits, writing custom monitoring plugins and configuring bespoke graphing
• Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at Cloud and remote DCs)
• Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing ethernet, fibre and console cabling, remote power and KVM)
• Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations
• Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Cloud and legacy architecture and platforms
• Tier 3 Support for co-location, customer backup network and ISP services
• Participate in a 24×7 call-out rota if required
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years experience as NOC operator/ Help-desk technician / technical-support (Army service experience can be relevant as well)
- Good understanding of and experience with managing incidents and supporting systems
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis capabilities
- High sense of responsibility and urgency
- Ability to work under pressure, in stressful situations, in a 24×7 production environment
- Excellent English – verbal and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work minimum of 2-3 varying shifts per week
- Passion, dedication, and desire to be the best and with motivation to grow
- Studying towards a degree in Computer Science – advantage
Who we are:
Investing.com is the world’s fastest growing financial portal, currently ranked among the industry’s top 3 sites and one of the top 200 websites in the world. With our multiple language editions and apps, Investing.com offers real-time quotes, charts, breaking news, opinion and analysis on the markets, as well as financial and technical analysis tools.
Founded in 2007, we have 250 people around the globe, including Tel-Aviv, Madrid, Shenzhen, São Paulo and Seoul. We are a top tech employer, focused on employee experience, wellbeing and development.
What we offer:
- A chance to step into the exciting and fast growing world of the online industry.
- Challenging assignments in a local and international environment
- Being a trusted partner while protecting Investing.com
- Enjoy excellent benefits and a high-energy working environment
As with all investing.com positions – To fit right in, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and meticulous, with a creative and a resourceful mind, bright, proactive, works well independently and as part of a team.
Check out openings on our brand new career website: https://www.investing-careers.com/