Investing.com is looking for an experienced Sr. MySQL DBA to join our DevOps department and keep our database up and running smoothly at all times.
In this role you’ll be responsible for progressively improving our existing database infrastructure and making recommendations on new technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work with a team of peers to build robust, reliable and effective database management solutions for all lines of business
- You will provide technical direction and database expertise for complex data repository challenges
- Build and maintain documentation, internal technical white papers, IT proposals, and vendor requests for information
- Responsible for performance monitoring, and incident response of company databases running on multiple environments based on MySQL
- Installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining complex databases in production and non-production environments
What you’ll bring:
- Experience with MySQL administration, performance tuning and optimization replication in master/master and multi slave environment
- Knowledge of MySQL HA solutions and related traffic balancing methods.
- Familiar with Linux OS (specifically, CentOS) and able to use the OS tools to investigate performance issues
- Familiar with Cloud providers (ex. AWS/GCP) and related managed services like Amazon RDS, GCP Cloud spanner
- DevOps methodologies and basic knowledge of at least one Configuration Management tool
- Be part of DevOps organization.
- Ability to write IaaC in order to automate maintenance task
- MySQL Backup and Recovery experience and concepts other than mysqldump
- Experience managing monitoring and alerting for MySQL using tools such as Graphite/Grafana, Nagios, Prometheus
- Experience working on NoSQL MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, RDS, Elasticsearch Redis – advantages
Who we are:
Investing.com is the world’s fastest growing financial portal, currently ranked among the industry’s top 3 sites and one of the top 200 websites in the world. With our multiple language editions and apps, Investing.com offers real-time quotes, charts, breaking news, opinion and analysis on the markets, as well as financial and technical analysis tools.
Founded in 2007, we have 250 people around the globe, including Tel-Aviv, Madrid, Shenzhen, São Paulo and Seoul. We are a top tech employer, focused on employee experience, wellbeing and development.
What we offer:
- A chance to step into the exciting and fast growing world of the online industry.
- Challenging assignments in a local and international environment
- Being a trusted partner while protecting Investing.com
- Enjoy excellent benefits and a high-energy working environment
As with all investing.com positions – To fit right in, we’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and meticulous, with a creative and a resourceful mind, bright, proactive, works well independently and as part of a team.
Check out openings on our brand new career website: https://www.investing-careers.com/